Bhop maps on KZ servers

Discussion in 'Climb' started by ether, Nov 2, 2014.

1. ether

ether Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

Are bhop_areaportal and bhop_monsterjam and kz_goldbhop necessary to keep on HoC2 now that we have a dedicated bhop server? I know that there are people who like these maps, and that points may be an issue with these maps, but should they be left in rotation.? My personal opinion would be to keep kz maps on the kz servers as these maps are already on the bhop server, but I suppose if the demand is there, there's no reason to take these maps off.

Feel free to discuss opinions/views on the subject :]

Cheers

2. payne

payne New

the only problem i have with bhop_areaportal is it seems to have a few bugs that make it less enjoyable (for instance the 300 gap area is quite buggy)

3. MMZ_Kask

MMZ_Kask I am CS:GO KZ Staff Member Administrator

The 300 is designed to TP you back for hitting the edge, you have to jump through it.

I'd say leave Monster Jam, as it has a dedicated KZ route. Goldenbhop has a small KZ portion, and isn't challenging, so it might be good to leave it for some of the newer players to learn bhop blocks on.

I don't see any reason to keep Area Portal.

4. _Tom

_Tom New

Hi,

I'm with Kask on this one, i think as monsterjam and goldbhop have kz parts they should stay
    but area is straight up bhop. Also I think the map is made for no speedcap which makes the pink section towards the end really annoying.

5. MMZ_Kask

We should probably add kz_gfy_strawberry to this conversation, as it's mainly bhop.

6. MMZ_Kask

Also might want to add Synergy_ez and Synergy_X to the list.

7. payne

payne New

personally i find the synergy maps to be challenging in a good way and not detrimental to my health like strawberry but i can see the reason for removing the synergy's.

8. dijian

dijian New

if you guys talking about remove bkz_goldbhop and Synergy ez X those epic great map from 1.6, then i can tell none of you guys are old school 1.6kz player and you do not know what you are talking about. even a normal kz map there is ton of bhop technique involve . bhop as much block as you can will improve your time significant. go spec any pro kz player , they will try to bhop any block they can. for beginner goldbhop is a excellent map to start practice and learn how to bhop ,
    Synergy ez is another excellent map for adv player to improve their bhop technique . and Synergy x is great map to challenging for pro kz player. the only bhop map should not be here is any map that design for AUTOBHOP like areaportal . most bhop map from css is design for AUTOBHOP . not the bhop map from1.6 .and we should try to add and port more cs1.6 bhop map to csgo not the bhop map from css.

9. payne

payne New

We know exactly what we are taking about. The point being made is that we have a dedicated server for bhop maps. I can see goldbhop helping newer players learn how to maximize time by bhopping blocks but half the time I see people struggle to get off the first jump in syn X and ez as well. I'm sure we all understand the significance of these great maps but the main point was we have specific I servers for bhop maps albeit the ones there are for autohop etc. I can see your point though, I do myself enjoy the challenge of the maps and watching kaz/eight/Ruben etc run these maps

10. MMZ_Kask

I would argue for fewer ports and more original maps. We have a budding mapper community starting in HoC, and they are starting to put out some pretty good, original maps. A lot of the 1.6 ports end up with really bad clipping, making them less-than-desirable to play.

Anyways, this topic isn't about 1.6 or bhop technique. It's about most HoC2 maps being mainly climb/longjump, with the exception of a couple on there that are very bhop-centric, like goldbhop and areaportal. Do they really fit with the majority map style of HoC2, or are they better suited for the bhop servers we have now?

11. dijian

dijian New

your dedicated bhop server is mainly for autobhop. even though you can choose the legit style it still have no speed cap ,and you can hit perfect bhop almost 100% its nothing like bhop in the KZtimer server. and there is no such mode in your dedicated bhop server make it bhop like in the kz server. bhopmap is part of kz in 1.6 , bhop map ported from 1.6 belong in kz server.
    bhop map ported from css belong in bhop server because its design for autobhop,. which is a lot of block that is close to each other or large gap that you can not jump over with the kz settings.unless its a map like monsterjam has a dedicated KZ route. bhop is part of kz !!!! AUTOBHOP is not part of KZ.it does not make any sense that you guys try to put those bkz map into a "autoBhop"server. if you do not have a style to choose to make it play just like in kz timer server.

12. ether

ether Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

In response to Dijian,

While I do agree that autohop is a whole separate thing, I will address your issue of bkz in our kz servers (after I've played a few of your ports). If you believe that the element of bhop has been removed from kz in our servers, you'd be far from correct. There are maps such as: spiritblock, chinablock, jailblock, etc, maybe even cursedjourney atm, which are all maps that to get a top time you have to bhop multiple blocks in a row. 
    Just because most maps have solid kz blocks rather than bhop blocks, doesn't mean that bhop has been made irrelevant in CS:GO. If you look at the top time bots on most maps(you can view these on server #2), they have a ton of bhops on single blocks/chaining with strafing to get multi bhop shortcuts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in my opinion, having kz maps which require bhop to get top times just increases the accessibility of our servers to reach both pro and new kz/bhop players, and raises the skill gap of final times. 
    In the current scene, I believe that our kz servers should have mostly kz block runs which are enhanced by bhop skill, rather than maps which force bhop upon players. 
    Feel free to rebuttle

13. dijian

dijian New

#1 "While I do agree that autohop is a whole separate thing"

thats the point i trying to spread. thank you

#2 "I will address your issue of bkz in our kz servers (after I've played a few of your ports). If you believe that the element of
    bhop has been removed from kz in our servers, you'd be far from correct."

i already said even a normal kz map there is ton of bhop technique involve . so i do not know how that misleading you to think that i believe element of bhop is removed in kz servers? apparently you did not read #8 in this thread

#3"In the current scene, I believe that our kz servers should have mostly kz block runs which are enhanced by bhop skill, rather than maps which force bhop upon players. "

you know that bkz map exist for reason right .because its part of KZ,and people like to bhop. the maps which force bhop upon players. thats why it call BKZ ,you have to Bhop to KZ, bhop to climb ,bhop part + KZ part. if you think Synergy will be more fun to play if its KZblock, then...wow i do not even know what to say, bkz it just a type of kz map, just like we have long map , short map, hard map, ez map , and we have bkz map.
    and you believe that our kz servers should have mostly kz block map rather than bkz map .

but i believe that our kz servers should have mostly short ez map. rather than long map, hard map, crazy map. <- that pretty much same type of thing you saying. you need to stop crowding out bkz map just becasue you do not like it or whatever reason.bkz map is part of kz since the first bkz map came out in (2003?) cs1.6 (not sure exact time)

14. MMZ_Kask

I think we're going astray of Ether's original point. It's not about sticking to the definition of what KZ is, or has been in the past. It's about the style of map that is prevalent on the non-bhop HoC servers, and the types of techniques required to run the map.

For example: Summercliff, Spiritblock, CursedJourney, Comboking, Goodluck, Colors, and Futureblock are all maps that require a minimal amount of bhopping to complete the map. For the most part, they can be completed by anyone who can longjump and strafe. Of course the best map times will be won by those who can combo and bhop each map the fastest, but that's not the majority requirement to complete the map.

Now look at: Monsterjam, AreaPortal, Synergy, Goldbhop, Coldbhop. These mostly consist of a majority of bhop blocks as the requirement to complete it. While this may be classified as a kz map, it's not in line with the style of the majority of the maps on non-bhop HoC servers. The focus of the techniques required to complete these types of maps is clearly different than the majority of the other maps on the servers.

Which brings us back to the original question: Do these "bhop" kz maps still fit with the pattern that is being built on the non-bhop HoC servers?

15. dijian

dijian New

in cs1.6 there is server just run KZ climb map , and there is server for bkz map. they separate it beacuse types of techniques required to run the map,just like you say. they can do that because they have more than enough bkz map to start a server for it. but in csgo there is only few bkz map so far
    kz_synergy ez x .
    bkz_goldbhop ,
    bkz_goldbhopV2
    cg_coldhop
    kz_kzse_aztectemple
    kz_catalyst.
    not enough to open a dedicated server for bkz map. so they should stay in kztimer server until we have enough map to open up a new server.
    AreaPortal is not bkz map its auto bhop map, if you do not know the different between these two read http://houseofclimb.com/showthread.php?tid=187
    also if you check out the latest update on kztimer1.59 http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KZTIMER#announcements/detail/248025459612317962 you will see added server cvar kz_bhop_multi_touching (on/off - Allows players to touch a single bhop block more than once (0 required for global records) the reason it been make is for bkz map ,i already confirm that with Kztimer creater

bkz and autohop is a whole separate thing , what i do not want to see is you try to put these bkz map into your autobhop server, and ruined the fun of bkz map.

16. eXist

eXist Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

I think that the bhop mans currently on the server should stay; as it would probably cause an uproar if those maps were removed. In the future just be careful about adding solely bunny hop maps.

17. payne

payne New

at the moment that may be the best thing to do, depending on times/points earned from those maps. Unless there is a way to just add points without gaining them from a map (through management/admins/-that one thing steven showed me that i forget the name of- basically manages server through a terminal)