Hi, i'm new and i have some questions regarding CS:GO KZ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by poker, Apr 11, 2015.

1. poker

poker New

Hello everyone! Im poker and im new in this community even tho i dont even own the game itself. :D
    This is why i registered here to ask you a few questions about cs;go (because im playing cs 1.6) and then to decide if i want to buy it or no.
    So here are the questions:

1.When you are playing in a kreedz server or simply on your lan (if this is possible lol) on a kz/bhop/lj map etc is it with legal settings? I mean like in classic and just like the game was created?
    Or you are using different settings, for example different airaccelerate or other things?
    2. Is this the official cs;go kz community? :D (praised by kreedz himself?:D)
    3. Have the administrators of this community ever played cs 1.6 kz? (because u know kz was created in cs 1.6 ) :D
    4. Where are the LJ records?
    5. What kind of techniques are possible? (please explain me for these: lj, bj, SBJ, cj, dcj, hj, ladder jump, weird jump)
    6. Was there somekind of a technique that was revolutionary invented like countjump in cs 1.6 back in 2007?
    7. Is scout still the fastest gun there? :D
    8. Why slide is called here surf? Because i know that surf in cs 1.6 is for 100aa settings which is illegal.. does this mean that here the settings are illegal too>?
    9. Whats the normal speed that u can keep up with bhopping?
    10. Whats the normal jump simply with pushing W and in the end ducking (if possible ducking)

Im sorry if i asked too many questions but i cant really find good information about it on the internet!
    Tnx for reading and i hope that u'll answer them because on this depend if ill buy the game. :D
    (im not really into classic n shooting mods xD)

Regards,
    Bye!

EDIT: One more question: High jump.. still edgefriction problems? :D

2. ether

ether Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

1.When you are playing in a kreedz server or simply on your lan (if this is possible lol) on a kz/bhop/lj map etc is it with legal settings? I mean like in classic and just like the game was created?
    Or you are using different settings, for example different airaccelerate or other things?
    No, there are modified air accel and other values to make jumping easier/more feasible. A lot of the ''standard kz'' settings can be found online.

2. Is this the official cs;go kz community? Big Grin (praised by kreedz himself?Big Grin)
    No clue, I've never seen/heard from kreedz since I started in CS:S

3. Have the administrators of this community ever played cs 1.6 kz? (because u know kz was created in cs 1.6 ) Big Grin
    I haven't personally played 1.6 much, but I do know a bit about 1.6kz and have 1000 CS:S/3000 CSGO hours

LJ records can be found on the setting through plug-ins, not sure if there are standardized ''legit'' records as there are grey areas with scripts

5. What kind of techniques are possible? (please explain me for these: lj, bj, SBJ, cj, dcj, hj, ladder jump, weird jump)
    LJ = just longjump (can be just a jump on flat land). BJ = Block jump? basically longjump but on fixed distance platforms. CJ = Crouch jump? yes you get a higher jump if you crouch before you jump. Ladder jump = self explanatory, yes. Weird jump = run then bhop from a slightly higher platform to a lower one

6. Was there somekind of a technique that was revolutionary invented like countjump in cs 1.6 back in 2007?
    Not really. CS:GO KZ is more like source KZ than 1.6 kz I believe, good players can still strafe/bhop/have the same movement skills that can be incorporated into CS:GO. CSGO has ''slippery'' movement that takes some getting used to though

7. Is scout still the fastest gun there? Big Grin
    Knife is fastest, pistol is the same speed due to the plug-in (255 u/s)

8. Why slide is called here surf? Because i know that surf in cs 1.6 is for 100aa settings which is illegal.. does this mean that here the settings are illegal too>?
    In my experience slide is like the weird super speed boosted maps where you have to dodge obstacles. I haven't heard of this difference between ''slide'' and ''surf'' before.

Depends, if you're talking about a good bhopper, I'd say ~400 u/s give or take

10. Whats the normal jump simply with pushing W and in the end ducking (if possible ducking)
    I think it's ~230? honestly have no clue

I'm sure everyone can add their own or modify mine to be more accurate :]

3. MMZ_Kask

MMZ_Kask I am CS:GO KZ Staff Member Administrator

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KZTIMER

^ Official Steam group of the KZTimer mod.

Many of the players involved with CS:GO KZ and HoC have played 1.6 and Source.

4. poker

poker New

Thanks for the answer, i really appreciate it because as what i can see this forum hasnt big activity.
    Even tho i will wait for another one to answer the questions (i hope thats someone who played cs 1.6 or at least understands all the answers) because i see that you really are not into cs 1.6 techniques and thats why i believe that he'll give more objective opinion.
    And by time you asked me about bj - well bj is bhop jump and sbj is standup bhop jump. And i was asking if there is a ladder jump like distance because i already know thats possible.
    And about the slide - well in cs 1.6 is called slide only when u are using legal settings (10 airracelerate in 1.6 is legal)
    And i dont know exactly if its true but later was created the surf mod (with 100aa) with which is easier to slide tho.
    I've never played another version of cs but i do know that in 1.6 is the hardest and the most variable one. :D
    Still i heard that CS:GO kz is growing fastly and i found in youtube a lot of videos with a lot of views about kz.
    So for now im gonna wait for another answer but still - thanks :)
    EDIT: Ah yeah.. i asked about the "revolutionary technique" because i saw here a thread about a technique that uses mheewdown + mheewup just like the count jumps is.. so i thought that this was count jump itself but it seems its different.

5. ether

ether Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

Yeah, there are definitely HoC players like (pi)zza/supa/others who could answer your questions a lot better. I think supa's the only one who came from 1.6 to CS:GO with an active forum account though at the moment

6. pLekz

pLekz uh Staff Member Administrator

I didn't play 1.6 before GO either, but since I've gotten into GO KZ I have occasionally jumped on 1.6 to see how it was, and therefore learned some of the jump techniques so I'll try to elaborate a bit on the questions etheR wasn't sure on.

LJ: Same as 1.6 really, although the distance that you jump is very different. The record on CSGO is 288.6 I believe.
    BJ: The technique is the same, but once again the speed and distance is a lot different because of the higher AA.
    SBJ: Doesn't exist in CSGO, you can still do the technique if you want but it doesn't give you the speed/height boost it did in 1.6.
    CJ: Doesn't work either. Crouching is a lot different in GO, it doesn't keep your speed like it did in 1.6 (ground strafing is also not possible), instead it just slows you down, so CJ isn't possible.
    DCJ: Also doesn't work for the same reason as above.
    HJ: There is no edge friction that slows you down in GO, so this doesn't exist either.
    Ladder jump (LAJ in CSGO): For getting official LAJ's the block you are jumping to needs to be the same height as the ladder. You simply use mouse movement on the ladder while fastclimbing to get a diagonal boost, and then strafe towards the block.
    WJ: Falling down into a bhop.

I guess our version of longjumping is worth bringing up here. Crouching when strafing is a lot different to 1.6, in CSGO it doesn't slow you down (it's argued that it slows you down minimally, but nothing has been proved) so you can hold crouch while you strafe. And since you get 2 units of extra height if you crouch right before/at the same time as you jump, this has now been applied to longjumping. People crouch at the very start of the longjump and then hold it throughout the jump, gaining a few extra units of distance. It's extremely hard to do this manually while you LJ because the timing is very precise, so some people came up with a bind that automatically crouches at the same time as you jump, this sparked a lot of controversy and was argued on whether or not it should be legal, and unfortunately (IMO) it ended up being legal.

Because CSGO KZ is played on 100aa, it's not considered illegal, we have no separation of the two. Everyone refers to slides as normal surfs.

Bhopping in GO is a lot more inconsistant than 1.6, as the timing is a bit different and harder to hit in GO, so there is no consistant/normal speed that you can maintain constantly. But the speedcap on the ground is set to 380, so if you have higher speed than that coming into the next bhop, it will limit your speed to 380.

It differs on tickrates, but on 128 tick (which is becoming the standard for CSGO KZ) it's 225.4 units.

Also, etheR made a typo on the knife/usp running speed, it's 250, not 255.

I hope you choose to try CSGO out! It's very different to 1.6 but it's also a lot of fun in its own way (very fast paced).

Welcome to House of Climb!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Zpamm

Zpamm Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

If you're talking about House of Climb specifically, if you log onto the #2 server and type !top you can then hit jump top , and then select the style of jump, it will have top 20 records for longjumps, bhops, multibhops, weirdjumps, dropbhops, ladderjumps and block longjumps.

Also i don't know if anyone above mentioned this but the house of climb #2 server has pre-strafe enabled to mimic the pre-strafe in 1.6 so well the knife/usp run speed is 250. You're able to achieve something like 276 units before you jump.

8. poker

poker New

Well i was talking about world long jump records but it seems that this community its not the official kz one and also we still dont have official comm for cs;go kz anywhere..
    Or at least if xj dont make it also for cs;go there wouldnt be an official comm but we'll see.
    Im thinking about buying the game but i really dislike the fact that we have to use different settings for kz.. i mean in cs 1.6 this is the unique thing.. to make impressive jumps with legal settings in every single server.. in cs;go u can do only this in KZ.. well i actually started playing kz because i wanted to use these techniques in other servers but we'll see. :)

9. MMZ_Kask

MMZ_Kask I am CS:GO KZ Staff Member Administrator

There isn't an 'official' KZ community.

10. Zpamm

I mean the current world record for longjump is 288.6 held by Deviance who plays on houseofclimb. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81oFvZ69OGU 

11. poker

poker New

You mean 280 but ok :D

12. Sachburger

Sachburger Scrub Staff Member KZ Admin US

There is regular LJ and Block LJ so by this video the block LJ distance would be 280 but overall he jumped a 288 LJ

13. poker

poker New

As far as i know longjump (or other techniques) records are always refered by block because is much harder..
    When there's a better stats on a block they call it tied wr not new wr which means that "new" is for block
    Idk maybe there's a possibility for me being wrong
    PC: I decided to buy the game after all. :D

14. pLekz

It just differs from 1.6 to GO, we have separate records for blocks and normal longjump, but people don't really care if it's a block or not. Highest LJ = record regardless if it was on a block. Glad you decided to buy the game though! hf

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. poker

poker New

Does this means that u r going to make long jump record (for stats) if u jump it on dust2 or zombie map? :D
    Isnt it a little bit incorrect?

16. pLekz

Wouldn't say it's incorrect, no, it's just different. In GO you measure the longest jump, in 1.6 you measure the longest block. Nothing is right or wrong.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. poker

poker New

well in cs its not only on a block but also on a special map, because in other maps theres also longjump blocks. :D
    And i said incorrect because it really sounds stupid to make a long jump record on a dust2 map.. i mean even in real life u have to do it in some type of tournament.. no one is gonna take your record seriously if you jump it at home. :D

18. Deviance

Deviance New

"No ones gonna take your record seriously if you jump it at home :D"
    I've never seen a CS:GO KZ tournament before, have you?
    I too played Cs1.6 for quite some time and i've never heard of anyone doing a jumprecord in a tournament.

19. poker

poker New

The tournament thing was for real life.. i never said that in cs 1.6 world records are made in tournaments.
    But look they found a way by sending demos. This is much easier than doing a tournaments.. you can even check the demo wherever you want without any time limits.
    Its true that CS:GO Jumping is in its beginning but it will develope in the future 4sure.

20. Zpamm

Senpai deviance himself speaks, also if you want to talk in terms of 1.6 lj'ing then deviance has done a 285 block. but in terms of csgo non lj block, it's 288.6 units.