I turned bhop_flyingcolors into a linear map.

Discussion in 'BunnyHop' started by Josh, Jun 2, 2016.

?

What should we do with bhop_flyingcolors & bhop_flyingcolors_linear

1. KEEP bhop_flyingcolors and IGNORE the linear version

8.3%
  2. KEEP the linear version and IGNORE the original version (bhop_flyingcolors)

50.0%
  3. KEEP both on the server for anyone to nominate

41.7%
  1. Josh

Josh InfTimer Developer Staff Member Developer

Hey!

So if anyone has ever played bhop_flyingcolors, you know that sometimes the teleports can teleport you into the ground and essentially kill your run. So I experimented a bit and made a linear version of the map. This means that the map is all one stage and has no teleports in each, meaning you can reach faster speeds. I have included a run of the map down below. I'm wondering whether you want to ditch the old version and stick with mine, ditch my version and just keep the old one or have both on the server. Check it out, and answer the poll!

Thanks guys! :)

2. Arkh

Arkh EU Owner and Bhopper Staff Member Administrator

i like the map itself, just annoying on parkour when you can hit the wall before you activate the tele :c although the map itself is fun on other styles :s i think itd be a shame to remove it but i also likethe thought of a linear version too :c

so tbh im voting to keep both as it can be interesting :3

3. ZER0

ZER0 Trainee Staff Member BHOP Admin EU

I sort of like the idea however it takes away a part of the skill that is needed to complete the map with a good time, not sure if I am for or against the idea.
    I dislike the idea of having both as it can cause confusion with new players being unsure of what map to vote for.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rain2

Rain2 New

Kumbha ( ͠° ͜ʖ °) I like the linear map better.

5. Aux

Aux Scrub VIP

This essentially is a mapfix, although I'd like to see it done slightly differently (for optimization reasons), this works just fine. One thing I'd have changed is made the platforms between each colour larger. Other than those two things, I'm completely behind this version.
    Thank you for your hard work.

EDIT: This also means the map would replace the old one. We should not keep both, no matter how you look at it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. eddy

eddy Scrub Staff Member BHOP Admin EU

If I may say so, YES! good work!