+Right and +Left being taken out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 「ClouDD -W-」, Jun 15, 2016.

?

Ban ''+Left'' and ''+Right'' ?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2016.
  1. No

12.5%
  2. Yes

87.5%
  1. 「ClouDD -W-」

「ClouDD -W-」 New VIP

This is just my personal opinion, but I just still fail to see why ''+Left'' and ''+Right'' should have been taken out.
    Personally, i use +Right and +Left because my mousepad is too small, so turning around and circling for speedgain is impossible.
    Not sure why this was so sudden or without an announcement (I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything about this prior me finding out while bhopping today).
    It doesn't make bhopping broken or easier, and plus, it's a bind, meaning it's in the game for public use, so I just dont see the reason of it's removal.
    All and all, this is just my personal opinion, but I'd like to see it added back into the server. Makes bhopping nearly impossible for me.
    + If this is banned now, and stays so ( which I hope to God, it doesn't), I feel like it would only be appropriate to delete the times / world records that, during the run, used these binds.

#BringItBack

23:26 - Xuanian (Aux): Sure it syncs your A and D perfectly with your "mouse" movement, but you have 0 control.

2. ZER0

ZER0 Trainee Staff Member BHOP Admin EU

Read ; Strafe hack in our servers.

might explain a bit but I see why it was removed but I also see your problem with the mousepad :/

3. 「ClouDD -W-」

「ClouDD -W-」 New VIP

i did read it, but as Aux said, the person has no control over it, I just don't see the reason for it being removed over such a thing, that nobody ever uses (at least I can say I haven't seen anyone use it during the time I've been bhopping on HOC servers)

4. Gould

Gould Scrub VIP

It was actually pretty common. It used to be a banned command over a year ago on the NA servers but when the restart happened it wasn't. I understand where you are coming from but I think it would probably be for the best if it were banned.

5. Crash

Crash Assistant to the Regional Manager Staff Member KZ Admin US

I've never really played on bhop servers but on surf servers, I've only seen the +right and +left necessary for any time you need to turn one direction for an extended period of time. This seems pointless to me as almost everyone would be required to use the turn binds in order to turn so much taking out any risk involved in a mistake. Maps that have these ridiculously-lengthed turns are just bad practice in my opinion. Having a small mousepad is your problem, not the mechanic. Mousepads are supposed to accommodate your sensitivity. And just because it's in the game doesn't mean it's a good thing; sv_cheats is in the game but you don't see that in comp; Jump throw binds have been banned in tournaments but they're in the game. Just some things to think about.

6. Aux

Aux Scrub VIP

I'm using a Corepad Deskpad (XXXL), doesn't get much larger than that.
    "Up your sensitivity" This is seemingly only an issue on HoC though, so why?
    In regards to the A/\D alias abuse, there's been discussed ways around it, which is good and all, and it got removed, which would be fine. If it wasn't because it's not expected to be back for quite a while, since finding the best way to fix it is not exactly high in the priority list!
    This unfortunately means that maps with long spins, which BTW I don't see why would be bad practice, even after more than 9 years of bhopping, and 6 years of mapping, are going to be an issue for most players. If you still believe it's bad practice, please argue why, else it'll be a subjective statement.
    While maps that would require +left or +right for a long spin isn't plentiful, I can still name quite a few off the top of my head. bhop_scriptide_lm (AuxTM), bhop_benchmark (upside-down in anti-grav part), bhop_kitum, bhop_sdc01... Could probably figure out some more, but you get the idea.

Side note: I honestly don't play enough to care what you end up doing, I don't play enough for that anymore. It'd just be a shame for those who has the issues of small mousepads/low eDPI.

EDIT: Added relevant links. Also found another one in the compilation video (sdc01 link) at 0:48. And I forgot my own bhop_the_distance as well! Oh, and bhop_ananas from intro zone. bhop_lost_world on one of the booster segments. bhop_interloper at a few places (I even left out a few spots that is mostly irrelevant outside of TAS). bhop_hyable. bhop_bob_v1. bhop_aster. bhop_quep_rg1 (video by mr. Eph himself)(Note: This may be pure mousemovement, but turning 720 degrees without lifting isn't exactly normal either)...
    And lets not even dive into the surf maps, because we all know how bad all of those are, using these drops and everything, leaving no top-surfing without a +spin bind. So horrible.

#6 Aux, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  7. Crash

Crash Assistant to the Regional Manager Staff Member KZ Admin US

I already stated why I think it's bad practice... but that doesn't matter anymore; after watching some videos you posted, it's insane the amount of speed you retain throughout bhop maps, so being able to turn that much with any sensitivity seems silly without turnbinds.

Although I am curious why you fight for turn binds on bhop servers but say they're horrible on surf maps. I'm a purely kz player so I wouldn't understand I suppose.

8. Aux

Aux Scrub VIP

I'm a believer in the notion that every server should strive to have standardized settings (although different tickrates, and surf-bhop-kz setting separation is fine), so that you could theoretically jump on any server, and have just as much of a chance at getting a global record as on any other.
    The comment about surf maps was my attempt at sarcasm, at 3AM.

There's another note on how this could be fixed, but it's not something that should be made public knowledge, so if one of the people who is in charge of programming the timer would contact me, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

9. EphialtesBHOP

EphialtesBHOP phe VIP

Well sure +right and +left is a good thing but there is some players who cheat with these commands and ruin our times illegaly.
    To prevent them we should keep this banned.

10. Aux

Aux Scrub VIP

Yes, well, there's also people strafehacking in general. Lets disable strafing, shall we?

If you don't want this turning into a bitchfight, bring up some valid points, please.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Steven

Steven Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Strafe hacking is done normally externally or injected hacks, this +right +left and such can be done all with in game console commands. When I tested it I was able to maintain 90%+ sync.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aux

Aux Scrub VIP

Yes, sync, but were you able to actually gain anything from it? At current time, it's not something I've seen be a problem on any server, at least in regards to the people taking server records (EDIT: Or at all). You may be able to control it on extremely short maps, but it will do you no good on maps over 20 seconds.
    At current time, strafehacks are far more prominent than this exploit, and almost as easy to access.
    SECOND EDIT: Side note, people are consistently sitting above 90 sync 5strafing without any problem. Did you test how much you get without using the +left/right?

#12 Aux, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  13. Arkh

Arkh EU Owner and Bhopper Staff Member Administrator

i can sit over 90+ sync without the + left/ +right binds... I've taken a few WRs from people that have those binds... imho i don't see a problem with people using them, but i do see a problem with people not using them and being in the same time sheets as the people using them... it creates an unfair advantage to people as they can strafe without having to put as much effort into it as people without the binds do.

in some cases i can obviously see where it is useful (example: Clouds mouse space). but i can also see why some players would argue that it is considered cheating or providing an unfair advantage.

just my input into it in my personal opinion i don't really care about the binds. as a internally pessimistic person i kinda like the challenge as it forces me to get better than most players to take the WRs