Kreedz Climbing, a game that is trying to bring KZ to the Steam store, is on Greenlight. Read here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kzRaptor, Mar 15, 2017.

By kzRaptor on Mar 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM
  1. kzRaptor

kzRaptor New

Hello everyone!

Kreedz Climbing, a game that replicates the movement mechanics of Counter-Strike 1.6 (jumping, bunnyhop, doubleduck, lj, cj, etc) is on Steam Greenlight, and I've come looking for your support!

The game will be free forever with no paid DLCs, and is trying to bring KZ to mainstream attention as a game on the Steam store. The game started development over 8 years and has over 80+ maps and 150+ courses, originally it was just for bringing KZ to an updated graphics engine, but now it hopes to unite the KZ communities in a game made for them, where KZ players are the target audience.

Some of the updates to Counter-Strike 1.6 have changed or outright broken some KZ techniques, and it's an unfortunate consequence since KZers are not the target audience for the game and the priority will always be the shooter playerbase. An important force behind Kreedz Climbing's development was trying to give stability and create new techniques to master, like Bungee and Powerjump.

Some people might not like these new techniques, but ultimately they don't have to play maps that include them if they don't want to. There are many pure kz maps and it's down to the mapper if they want to add these features, and mapper possibilities and flexibility is another priority in Kreedz Climbing's development. The game supports plugins via MetaMod/SourceMod as well.

I love KZ and wanted to help create a game made by KZ players, for them. If someone asks me for a feature or has an issue, they are the target audience and important. Having a game like this on Steam will expose this style of gameplay to new players and hopefully expand the playerbase. Finally, it's going to be free, so there should hopefully there won't be any reason why a new player can't give it a go.

Please take a look at the game on Greenlight, and if you like it, give us a vote! Thank you!

Steam Greenlight :: Kreedz Climbing

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kzRaptor, Mar 15, 2017.

1. MMZ_Kask
      MMZ_Kask
      Promoted to article.
    2. kzRaptor
      kzRaptor
      Hello! I've been looking at this for ages and can't figure out how to edit my original post, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to anyone who had a look and voted for us! Kreedz Climbing got greenlit as a free game! Thank you :)
    3. MMZ_Kask
    4. kzRaptor
      kzRaptor
      Thanks! A dedicated server is being kindly hosted by someone so the game can be played in it's current state online more easily. Thanks again for all the help on Greenlight!
    5. MMZ_Kask
      MMZ_Kask
      How do you think it will work from a community perspective? What will the ecosystem look like?
    6. kzRaptor
      kzRaptor
      We're hoping to get a workshop set up for sharing maps, there will be forums for talking about the game, and a Steam based guide section for mapping and gameplay guides. Kreedz Climbing is a game made for the jumping playerbase, and strong communities already exist for KZ - we don't want to break up or disrupt these communities by founding a website for the game itself that could be considered a community. Instead we hope over time the game will be seen as worthwhile by the existing communities who will integrate it according to their interest.

I would imagine it would start by communities running a server of their own, and new players the game attracts via the steam store would play on the servers and become interested, and thus visit the community website. In that way, a beneficial relationship develops between the game and communities.

That's my personal opinion anyway and how I imagine things are going to stay. Hope that answers your question!