kz_depot

Discussion in 'Map Feedback' started by MMZ_Kask, Sep 12, 2016.

1. MMZ_Kask

MMZ_Kask I am CS:GO KZ Staff Member Administrator

Mapper is looking for feedback.

2. f3Vo

f3Vo New

Indeed I do. Workshop link
    (Ready to fix bugs/scs asap.)

and I saw in the shoutbox that the first one got a badass 02:29 time, how? 乁( ͠°‸ °)ㄏ

3. Krushed

Krushed #1 VIP

Uh, I believe that was me..? Not sure, wasnt a good run.. like a light jog?

4. f3Vo

f3Vo New

Uhm..so you found a sc? or am I really that bad.. :< always did a couple of lazy runs after a compile and never got under ~04:20 on the actual route

5. Snow

Snow New Official Tester

ill just copy and paste what i posted on the tester forum

Additional comments: I like this kind of map, it's fun. The first run can be a little bit annoying because you have no idea where to go, there is no directions to help the player, but when you know the route it's a fun map. The distance between the longjumps seemed a bit weird to me, like the box at the very end (I think it was a 255) for some reason i had trouble doing it, the edge was weird too. Also you can checkpoint on few bhop blocks.

Maybe i just suck but as i said above the edge of the blocks are weird when you have to lj

#5 Snow, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. Krushed

Krushed #1 VIP

Uh, that depends.. Map was a little confusing, but I think I did the right route.. I found one shortcut that I believe saves maybe a few sec - less than 10.. You jump into a crouchy hole, and then its downhill a bit, so you can stand up in it - you can go to the right instead of left there

And my thingy:

Additional comments:
    The combos and flow isnt that great tbh. Mainly just a few small 3-5 jump combos and then some boring stuff. And I dont like jumping on weird edges that can just fuck you up if you hit them slightly wrong. And fuck 255s.
    Wasn't as interesting as expected.
    Some people would prob like the map a bit, while others will just hate it.

7. f3Vo

f3Vo New

First of all thanks for your feedback guys.
    I fixed that shortcut already in the current version (1.01). (To be sure: it's this? screenshot by DanZay)
    Mhhm well, that's your opinion. Most of the feedback I got was positiv. Also I've never tried to make a endless combo map and all the edges have an even collision model or playerclip. So if you try to aim correctly you should smoothly hit them. Otherwise I guess I can't hit everybodys taste :x
    (to the 2 255s..I wouldn't mind to reduce them some units, when more ppl find that so anoying)
    Well, there are a lot of map out there, where you don't do your first run without looking for the route. Also it's a kind of motivation to run the map again with knowing the exact route.
    I'll look into adding some arrows.
    Mhmhm the distances are all correct, checked it multiple times with a 1unit grid. Also all the long jumps have even ground with no slants.
    The first one is indeed a bit tricky, because you got no real place to pre and have to care not to hit the fence. The second one should be relatively easy if you can lj +255 and the third one (at the end) is simple, just bhop the ramp infront of it.
    Oh yeah, the delay is on 0.20. I will set it down.

#7 f3Vo, Sep 13, 2016
  8. Crash

Crash Assistant to the Regional Manager Staff Member KZ Admin US

For the one at the end, do you mean pre from the ramp and bhop off the box? I hope you're not implying perf.

9. f3Vo

f3Vo New

I mean that you go through the door, jump on the edge of the ramp and land ur bhop on the box. No need for 380, if you can just hold the prespeed and strafe a bit. Anyway that's just the fastest and for me easiest way to do the 255 at the end.
    As I said, I'm open to reduce the 255 to dunno 252 or 250 if you just got a problem with a 255. They all have even edges, like a block (most of them are blocks btw).

10. f3Vo

f3Vo New

Sorry for double post, but I exceeded the edittimelimit because I was simultaneously in the map editor.

Gonna upload version 1.02 later in the day, after I slept, tested and compiled.
    I set down the bhop timer, added some arrows to show the route, reduced the 255s to 250 and 252 and widen the small jumps (@Krushed ) on the lamps/railings a bit so they match the wideness of the fences(4,5units) (redlamps and railings from 2 to 4 units; white lamps from 7,6 to 8 units+completly even instead of a litle angle) and also some litle things I did yesterday (visual fixes, some clipping to smooth collision models)

Greetings, f3Vo

11. Krushed

Krushed #1 VIP

Dang, that actually sounds like pretty decent changes

12. bron yr aur

bron yr aur Scrub Official Tester

Yo, f3vo, I love the map. Not gonna lie, first couple of runs I was pretty tilted, but once i learned the map and became more accustomed to it, my attitude towards it had changed completely. After running many more times, I began to enjoy the multiple styles and fun combos required to master depot (I'm only 2:52 right now on it, but that's with a lot of fuck-ups, could definitely drop it to the 2:30 range with time). The map is not perfect, but for my kz-style and interest it's almost there.

The route for your first few runs is confusing and disorienting, especially knowing to drop down the hole at the start timer. The height of a couple blocks are awkward at first as well, but with good timing and precision you can still manage quick movement throughout. For example, the height difference between the two fence-platforms after the first red light fixture (I believe there's a small railing just before it) can make that section a little weird to run if you want to go for global, but I'm fine with that. There are so many more positives (for me) that small negatives like that just don't seem to matter as much as they would in other maps. I'm glad to read you are fixing the lamps and railings, as those were grouped in the small negatives category.

I could nitpick the shit out of any map for days, including yours, but when you get to the end of the timer the only thing I'm going to care about is: did I enjoy running this map and will I continue to enjoy running it? For kz_depot, that is a nice juicy 'yes'.

This is what I put in the thread for your map:

#12 bron yr aur, Sep 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Potts

Potts I offer good suck. Staff Member KZ Admin EU

Only suggestion I have - Please fix the ramp down to the surf part so you don't get stuck without having the crouch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. f3Vo

f3Vo New

So guys, version 1.02 is ready to play. (Since 1.01 you can check the version ingame in the startroom on the litle map, just to let you guys know.)

@bron yr aur Wow really, thank you very much for that detailed feedback. I don't really know what to say, but it's very nice to read something like that. Kinda made my day :)

Done.

release 1.02 (14/9/16):
    -set down the timer on bhops
    -you no more gotta crouch to get to the surfpart
    -added arrows to show the route
    -reduced the 255s to 250 and 252
    -widen the collisionmodels of the lamps/railings
    -adjusted some props which werent align with wall/ground
    -added more clipping to smooth gameplay/avoid shortcuts
    -added some more breakables
    -added something tricky in the secretroom
    -made some lights slightly brighter
    -added the hoc logo

#14 f3Vo, Sep 13, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Krushed

Krushed #1 VIP

Sick dude

16. bron yr aur

bron yr aur Scrub Official Tester

Those changes look awesome, can't wait to test it.

17. f3Vo

f3Vo New

Well, I updated the map once again, wasn't satisfied with the arrows, they didn't match the design. I changed the texture and moved some of them, so they fit the design more. This should be the final version now I guess, as long as you don't find any shortcuts or major bugs.

@bron yr aur
    about the heights of some jumps, I agree that they could look easier than they really are at the first couple of runs, but the heights are not really that weird. Here is the screenshot of your example (64x128): Unbenannt-4.png

release 1.03 (14/9/16):
    -renewed the arrows to fit the design more
    -adjusted a texture and a prop
    -adjusted height of extra fence in the 2nd depot, to open up a alternativ
    -added a texture to thanks for the feedback

Attached Files:

18. Crash

Crash Assistant to the Regional Manager Staff Member KZ Admin US

Now that I got the game running better(temporarily on a Macbook :/), I can give some input.

I have to agree with some of the first impressions I've seen on the test forums that the flow is constantly interrupted. You do a few jumps and then you have to stop to crouch or jump on something that's damn near impossible to combo. The first part of the first room is an example, or any time you have to jump on the railings or fluorescent lightbulbs. Basically anywhere you have to crouch ruins flow. Here and there is fine but there's too much of it for me.

Only other thing is the surf. For less experienced players, it feels out of place in terms of difficulty compared to the rest of the map. But maybe that's just the Macbook interfering with my skill.

19. Potts

Potts I offer good suck. Staff Member KZ Admin EU

I will play it when I fix my computer.

20. freddyboy

freddyboy New VIP

I enjoyed it very much! :)