Rubber banding/stopping midair

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by eNtity, Apr 10, 2016.

1. eNtity

eNtity : - ) Staff Member KZ Admin EU

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody here will be able to help me with this, it's a problem I've been having for several months now, but recently it has been making the game near unplayable, at least not playable to a very enjoyable level.

As you can see in the video provided below, for whatever reason, I seem to randomly be "stopped" midair, or rubberband to somewhere I clearly didn't move to.

As you can probably imagine it's incredibly annoying (this footage was recorded from the end half of one "run" I stopped the timer half way through, I'm hoping this gives you a rough idea of how consistently it is happening) I have always assumed this was my internet playing up, but I've contacted my service provider time and time again, they've sent 2 engineers round who have found no issues at all either on my end, or their end.

Few things that may be of use:
    - I am directly wired to the router
    - Nothing in the house is uploading/downloading
    [​IMG]

At this point I really don't have any idea what I can do, any help is really appreciated.

Cheers,

#1 eNtity, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. eNtity

Interesting, I watched the first clip and my jump didn't even register on the HUD, not sure if that's in any way useful, just something I noticed (I definitely jumped)

EDIT: Same thing happened on the last one.. Weird

3. Darth Logix

Darth Logix New Staff Member KZ Admin US

I used to have a similar problem when I uncapped my fps_max (or put it too high). Ever since I put fps_max 500 it resolved my issue.

4. eNtity

Interesting, I'll give this a try, thanks for the help. (currently fps max 999)

Just wondering, I'm assuming the answer is no, but did your ping spike as it was happening as shown in my video above?

5. Darth Logix

Darth Logix New Staff Member KZ Admin US

I didn't check to be honest, I don't know :)

6. eNtity

No problems, appreciate the help, haven't tested it yet, so fingers crossed

7. Tovenaaier

Tovenaaier New VIP

I read somewhere that setting fps_max 999 fixes their problem, not sure if its the same problem tho, but you could try.

And even though it might not be your isp, it could be your router.
    So if you have an old router lying around that still works try it with that one.

Do you also have this problem on other csgo servers or just kz servers or even just hoc servers?

8. eNtity

Hey, thanks for the response, I actually tried a new router yesterday and that resolved all of my issues