!spectate command and server cvar mp_spectators_max

Discussion in 'Climb' started by tuxxi, Apr 21, 2014.

1. tuxxi

tuxxi New

Hi guys,

I noticed that you are using a server plugin (!spectate and !respawn) for spectating to allow more than 2 spectators. I was wondering if you guys knew about the server cvar "mp_spectators_max". Currently in your server it appears to be set to 2, which explains why you guys have to use this plugin. If you set this cvar to 0, i believe it will remove the limit.

Is there a technical reason for not utilizing this command, or are you guys simply not aware?

Thanks for the servers - they are very fun!
    -tuxxi

2. Steven

Steven Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The reason were not using it is because when we brought the server up at the time valve did not have that within the game it was actually added on 10/25/2012 reference : http://store.steampowered.com/news/9207/ . So we had to improvise a plan to resolve this problem... Our one server House Of Climb 1 has been up since a couple days after the official release of CSGO. I can go ahead and set that cvar now though and keep the plugins anyway. The main reason I will be keeping the plugins is because people are use to using them... Just to answer your question about being aware or not I was and I had plans to set it but I completely forgot about it.

Regards,

Steven